On Saturday, February 12, 2022, the City of Ventura’s Environmental Sustainability Division hosts its next Community Cleanup & Recycling Event. These cleanup and recycling events are held throughout the year to help City residents drop off unwanted items to be properly disposed of or recycled. Event space is limited, and registration is required to participate.
Items accepted, but not limited to the following:
- Household, trash, and garage items: appliances, clothing, furniture, and metal.
- Electronic waste: computers, TVs, printers, audio/video equipment
- Paper (limit two banker’s boxes): secure onsite shredding service available
- Tires (limit four per household): for drop-off instructions, visit the registration website
Items not accepted:
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) is the only material type not accepted at the event. These items include but are not limited to aerosol cans, automotive fluids, motor oil and filters, paint, batteries, chemicals, and fluorescent tubes. For more information on how to dispose of HHW or register for an upcoming drop-off event, visit www.cityofventura.ca.gov/hhw.
- Commercial or business waste is not accepted at these events, and vehicles clearly marked for commercial purposes will not be allowed entry.
Register today at www.cityofventura.ca.gov/ESevents. For more information about this event or other questions for the City’s Environmental Sustainability Division, call (805) 652-4525.