Fire Units Dispatched to Reported Explosion

On November 30, at 10:49am, fire units were dispatched to a reported explosion inside of a residence at Ventura Avenue and Dakota Dr. Firefighters arrived within 7 minutes of dispatch and found a 2 story/multi-family home that had sustained an explosion with resulting damage to the kitchen area and multiple windows. Firefighters investigated the involved unit to ensure there was no remaining fire by using thermal imaging cameras, then confirmed utilities were shut off to the residence. An adult was inside the home at the time of the explosion, but thankfully was not hurt. The cause of the explosion was found to be pest control foggers in use, too close to a water heater. Ventura Building and Safety was requested to ensure the safety of the surrounding units and residents.

The Ventura Fire Department would like to make all citizens aware of the flammable and explosive nature of these pest control foggers and remind them to remain diligent when they are in use.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email