Island Packers, authorized transportation concessioner to Channel Islands National Park, is pleased to announce resumption of limited public transportation to the Channel Islands effective June 1, 2020 of all landing and non- landing trips.
On June 1st, Island Packers plans resumed limited service to Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and Anacapa Islands for both day visitors and campers from Ventura and Oxnard harbors. In addition to three-hour island wildlife trips and six-hour whale watching trips. Although this date is considered credible, and reservations are being accepted, current conditions necessitate that all transportation plans must be subject to change.
In response to legitimate health concerns, Island Packers has revised several procedural protocols designed to keep visitors to the Channel Islands safe and comfortable. These revisions to our office and vessel operations, include:
- Passenger loads will be limited to under 40% capacity to better facilitate social distancing
- All Island Packer employees will be health screened before every shift
- Passengers will be given a health inquiry before being allowed access to office or boats and require to wear face covering on board vessels
- Office and boat crew will wear appropriate PPE when in contact with the public
- Check-in lines will promote social distancing and appropriate hygiene
- Vessels will be sanitized during stops and between runs
- Updated cargo transport protocols limiting exposure of passenger gear
Island Packers will continue to monitor the directives from health officials and to al- ways prioritize the safety and well-being of our customers and crew. Staff look for- ward to having the public on board and back in operation.
More information is available at our website, www.islandpackers.com or by calling Island Packers at 805-642-1393. The office will be open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily for information and reservations.