As part of the City of Ventura’s ongoing efforts to respond to concerns from the community as well as business merchants regarding illegal behaviors in the parks and surrounding areas of the downtown corridor, 4000 block of E. Main St, and the Victoria corridor, the Ventura Police Department, partnering with allied agencies, conducted enhanced patrols in the those areas on May 9. The officers involved included Ventura PD Motor Unit, Ventura PD Patrol Task Force, VCSO Mounted Enforcement Unit, Ventura County Probation and Ventura County Behavioral Health
The goal of the City of Ventura’s Safe and Clean Initiative is to ensure safe and clean public places for the entire community to enjoy. One of the core elements of this effort is to direct and leverage limited resources to better address illegal activity and quality of life behaviors in public spaces.
As a result of this effort a total of 13 arrests were made in the focus areas:
- 4 arrests for being under the influence of a controlled substance (misdemeanor)
- 1 arrest for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor)
- 1 arrests for possession of a controlled substance and possession of a dangerous weapon (Felony)
- 6 arrests for violation of probation
- 1 arrest for a possession of a stolen vehicle warrant (Felony)
The locations of these arrests included:
- 1 at Plaza Park, 600 E. Santa Clara St.
- 2 at Mission Park, 190 E. Main St.
- 4 at Promenade Park, 398 Figueroa St.
- 6 at various other locations in the downtown corridor
The City of Ventura is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the community by making a concerted effort to support the Safe and Clean Initiative.