The deadline for residents affected by the Thomas Fire to apply for Individual Assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency is March 16, 2018.
Residents can apply online or at the Disaster Recovery Center FEMA is operating at the Ventura County Credit Union’s location in Ventura.
Ventura County Credit Union
6026 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
- Monday through Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Closed on Sunday
Representatives from FEMA, California Office of Emergency Services, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies are staffing the center. Residents of any of the designated counties – Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura – can seek help at the Ventura DRC.
Before visiting a DRC, fire victims are encouraged to apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by phone at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may call 800-621-3362.
The toll-free numbers are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Applicants should have the following information at hand:
- · Social Security number.
- · Address of the damaged primary residence.
- · Description of the damage.
- · Information about insurance coverage.
- · A current contact telephone number.
- · An address where they can receive mail.
- · Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds.
Residents of the designated counties can find the closest DRC by going online at fema.gov/drc or texting 43362 with the message DRC and their ZIP Code. Standard message and data rates apply.