Vol. 12, No. 14 – Apr 10 – Apr 23, 2019 – Mailbox

Breeze:

President Donald Trump said his father, Fred Trump, was born in “a very wonderful place in Germany.” But Fred Trump was actually born in New York City. “My father is German, was German. Born in a very wonderful place in Germany,” Trump said of his father while meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.

If Trump doesn’t even know where his father was born how does he know where Obama was born?

Larry Ruddy Ojai


Hi Gov:

When I was in Madison at U. Wisconsin 70 years ago I drove out west of town in the forest to see the designed Frank Lloyd Wright Unitarian Church.

The minister invited me in for a chat. He said he was an atheist. First time this agnostic met a minister who didn’t believe in all that nutty XXXX in religions.

He asked me if I had any questions. “what will it be like after you die?”

“What was it like before you were born?
“That’s what it will be like when you die.”

I never forgot that after 70 years.

Name withheld


Readers:

We should acknowledge that Trump and Co. are slicker and more vicious than any current Democrat office holder or liberal commentator can imagine. What it looks like to me is a slow-moving ad-hoc coup, with Trump-selected A.G. Barr making a decision about obstruction of justice he has no reason to make, though his pal Mueller left it open for him. They have discovered how to subvert everything as they have proceeded with anger and stealth. Remember, it started with Comey wrecking Hillary’s election chances.

Now Trump will pardon most of those sentenced by Mueller and go after Democrats who they now argue set up this witch hunt. A scoundrel like Sen. Lindsey Graham wants an investigation of Hillary and certain elected Democrats with a new Special Council. This is retribution and the consequence of right wing political scheming over the last 24 months.

Robert Chianese Ventura


To Ventura Residents

Ventura is on a track to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to convert sewage water into drinking water. Estimated project costs keep escalating. Proponents have not provided adequate information and disclosure. There are many examples of big projects that did not work out as expected. Consider the high speed rail project — or Oxnard’s great (water recycling) project. When big projects go badly, millions of dollars are lost. The consequences ultimately fall on the poor. We citizens must pay more attention to large multi-million-dollar project proposals.

At first, we were told that treated sewage water is processed to be 97% pure – (prior to its release into the ocean). Recycling advocates insisted that the cost to remove the remaining 3% would be minimal. However, as it turns out, the project will be very expensive — many hundreds of millions of dollars. Also, Ventura will incur significant expenditures for annual operating costs.

Ventura has prepared a draft environmental impact report (EIR). If you would like to comment on the EIR, you must do so prior to April 22, 2019. For details and instructions, please direct your browser to the following web address:

https://www.cityofventura.ca.gov/1470/Ventura-Water-Pure

Should Ventura allow the project to proceed past the point of no-return OR wait until DPR has a proven track record? There are various possibilities for phasing in DPR and/or reducing wastewater going to the estuary. In all scenarios — involving either wastewater use or disposal — a pipeline into the ocean will be required. Thus, shouldn’t Ventura build this (outfall/brine) pipeline first?

It seems likely many residents will not drink the recycled water. Those that have the money will drink only bottled water – or they will install expensive equipment to filter the water before it enters their homes. Some may decide to boil the water before drinking it.

Charles Spraggins sow.ventura@SaveOurWaterVentura.org

4R.Grandkids@saveOurWaterVentura.org


You could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s proved it doesn’t exist.
~ J.K. Rowling

Print Friendly, PDF & Email