VCLA hosted a welcome mixer.
The Ventura County Leadership Academy (VCLA) hosted a welcome mixer for their 27th cohort, kicking off their upcoming year that begins this month and ends in May of 2022.
Special thanks went out to the VCLA board and featured speakers:
- Brad “Brick” Conners, VCLA Board President
- Dr. Steve Elson, VCLA Board Treasurer
- Robert Harrell, VCLA Board Secretary
- Jennifer Caldwell, VCLA Board Director
- Darren Kettle, VCLA Board Director
- Sheriff Bill Ayub, VCLA Alumni, Cohort XXIII
- Danielle Borja, VCLA Alumna, Cohort XXIV
- Dr. Julius Sokenu, VCLA Alumni, Cohort XXVI
Congratulations also to VCLA Alumna Angela Fentiman (Cohort XI) for being named Cal Lutheran’s inaugural chief of staff. Fentiman “had a set of professional experiences, prior positions, and academic credentials that made her extraordinarily well suited for the role,” President Lori E. Varlotta said.
VCLA connects and cultivates a diverse network of passionate, capable leaders through an immersion in both critical issues shaping Ventura County and opportunities for personal and professional growth. VCLA’s comprehensive program ignites awareness and inspiration, helping cohort members discover their individual pathway toward impacting our region.