The Ventura Unified School District (VUSD) Board of Education is establishing a 7-11 Advisory Committee to advise the District and Board on the development of policies and procedures relating to the sale or lease of surplus property owned by the District. The Board of Education invites all interested community members to apply for membership on this new 7-11 Advisory Committee. Applications are now available and will be accepted until 4:30 pm on November 4, 2019. The application is available online at https://www.venturausd.org/business/BusinessServices.aspx, and the District office located at 255 W Stanley Ave.
The new committee will consist of between seven and eleven members who must live in the District and be representative of at least one of the following:
- the ethnic, age group and socioeconomic composition of the District;
- the business community, such as store owners, managers or supervisors;
- landowners or renters, with preference to be given to representatives of neighborhood associations;
- district employees;
- parent/guardian of students;
- persons with expertise in environmental, legal, construction and/or land-use planning, including, but not limited to, knowledge of the zoning and other land-use restrictions of the City and County of Ventura
Members of the 7-11 Committee can expect to meet two to three times to complete its review and recommendations to the Board of Education, with tentative meetings set for November 19, December 17, 2019, and January 21, 2020. A District selection committee will meet to review applications and make recommendations to the Board of Education soon after the November 4, 2019 deadline.
For more information, view the VUSD Business Services website at https://www.venturausd.org/business/BusinessServices.aspx or contact Betsy George, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services (805) 641-5000 ext. 1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.