Electrical fire damages home

On Dec.30, at 5:20 pm, a resident of Cabrillo Village, 1515 S. Saticoy Ave. arrived home to find smoke and flames coming out of a front window and lapping at the eaves above the entrance to her home.  Firefighters arrived on scene to find the residence completely charged with smoke.  As they advanced into the building they discovered a television and other electronics burning in the living room.  Firefighters shut off the electricity and gas to the building and extinguished the fire with hose lines.

Extensive smoke damage was found throughout the entire residence.  Two adults were displaced from their home and were assisted with temporary relocation by the American Red Cross.  No injuries were reported as a result of this incident.  The fire cause was determined to be an electrical malfunction.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email