Contribute to the Homeless Prevention Fund at www.vhpf.net. Photo by Michael Gordon
On Saturday, Dec. 15, at Plaza Park a memorial was held to affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person. All were remembered by the names of the men and women who have died homeless, in Ventura, this year.
- On average, being homeless takes 20 years off a person’s lifespan.
- Those suffering from mental illness and/or addiction need supportive services.
- We still have no year-round homeless shelter in Ventura County.
- Homeless individuals need permanent housing with ongoing supportive services.
This is the answer. It is compassionate, it saves money and is the right thing to do. Act today:
- Contact your City Council members and County Board of Supervisors and tell them you support government playing an active role in ending homelessness.
- Contribute to this year’s shelter at www.downtownventura.org/shelter
- Contribute to the Homeless Prevention Fund at: www.vhpf.net
Sponsored by Lift Up Your Voice to End Homelessness, Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura www.liftupyourvoice.org. For more information, call the Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura at (805) 644-3898.