The Mitz-Khan-A-Khan Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) unveiled a 24”x 24” bronze marker of California Historical Landmark No. 310 that was placed on the front of Mission San Buenaventura on March 31. Present were the Daughters of the American Revolution Ventura Chapter Mitz-Khan-A-Khan, along with other statewide California DAR chapter members and Fr. Tom Elewaut, Pastor, at San Buenaventura Mission.
The Mitz-Khan-A-Khan Chapter of the NSDAR was organized February 20, 1931, and is named for the Chumash Native American village of Mitsquanaqa’n, where the Mission San Buenaventura was founded.