In our last issue we had an article about lovely debutantes. Headline said thirteen but there were only seven. Here are their names to salute all of them.
- Miss Sophie Buffo, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Buffo. She attends Newbury Park High School.
- Miss Anna Casillas, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Casillas. She attends Oak Park High School.
- Miss Hannah George, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James George. She attends Oaks Christian High School.
- Miss Madeline Kelly, daughter of Ms. Suzanne Kelly. She attends La Reina High School.
- Miss Jacqueline King, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph King. She attends Buena High School.
- Miss Sadie McCormick, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jack McCormick. She attends St. Bonaventure High School.
- Miss Lauren Powell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Powell. She attends Ventura High School.
I want to personally thank your help at the City of Ventura Planning Office. I have been there on own several times over the years trying to make sense of some work previously done on my house. Thank you for helping me get some straightforward answers, and a little bit of clarity on how to move forward. Thank you also for the Ventura Breeze. It’s wonderful having our own hometown newspaper to keep us informed on local events that concern us all.
Once again, many thanks!
Morrie Wills Westside Resident
City of Ventura
Citation Processing Center
P. O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
RE: Citation No. V060012582
WOW! What a way to spoil a lovely Saturday evening in downtown Ventura by getting a parking ticket at the free parking structure. Yes, 4 Hour Parking is conspicuously posted everywhere, so “my bad”.
But, my friend and I went to the movie and then to dinner. Arrived at 2:50 for a 3:10 movie, exited the movie at 5:30, sat down to dinner at 6:00 (had to wait for a table), then exited the restaurant at 8:10. So, after spending well over $100 in downtown Ventura, we each got a $40 parking ticket.
We had a choice to see the same movie at Riverpark Cinema where there are many restaurants, but we chose downtown. Perhaps next time we will go to Riverpark.
I have paid the parking citation.
Sally: What a shame perhaps 4-hour free parking is not enough and should possibly be 6-hours.
I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.
~ John Cage