Three separate storms with gusty winds, high surf and the potential for coastal flooding are expected to impact Ventura County late Wednesday, January 18 through Monday, January 23. City of Ventura residents may pick up free sand and sandbags (while supplies last) at the following City locations (residents are asked to bring their own shovel):
• City of Ventura, Sanjon Maintenance Yard: 336 Sanjon Road (public parking lot)
• Ventura City Fire Station #1: 717 N. Ventura Avenue
• Ventura City Fire Station #6: 10797 Darling Road (near Wells Road, across from the Saticoy Golf Course)
The National Weather Service anticipates high surf (10’ to 15’) beginning Friday through Saturday morning. If necessary, the historic Ventura Pier will be closed as a public safety precaution. Residents should be alert to the increased potential for flooding, especially in coastal areas and near flood channels. The public is advised to avoid entering the ocean during dangerous high surf conditions.
Community members are encouraged to stay informed about advisories and emergencies by:
• Registering to receive emergency notifications from VC ALERT (www.vcalert.org).
• Checking www.vcemergency.com for incident information, closures and evacuations.
• Learning about emergency preparedness and flood information, including Weather Service links and other helpful tips, atwww.ReadyVenturaCounty.org.
• Visiting the National Weather Service website at www.weather.gov/losangeles.
This release can be found on the City of Ventura’s website at www.cityofventura.net. ###