Harrison Industries will continue to serve residential, commercial and industrial customers in Ventura for up to the next 25 years. The Ventura City Council unanimously approved a 10-year renewal of Harrison’s franchise agreement with three, five-year extensions added based on performance. Under the contract, which went into effect Sept. 1. Food waste collection is now part of the franchise agreement.
Other highlights of the agreement include:
- Residents now get four bulky items in two free pickups rather than two in one free pickup per year.
- City facilities will be serviced at no cost to Ventura by Sept. 1, 2017. The no-cost service will be phased in over a 12-month period.
- Harrison will provide residents up to four community cleanup and recycling events per calendar year.
- Harrison will collect up to 120 bulky waste items discarded illegally per year in the public right-of-way.
- For years 1-5 of the contract term, Harrison will divert 60 percent of all construction and demolition debris collected.
- For years 6-10 of the contract term, Harrison will divert 75 percent of all C&D debris collected.