The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Ventura County Chapter is pleased to announce the 2016 winners of the 17th Annual Bravo Awards. The awards were presented at a gala luncheon at the beautiful Serra Center in Camarillo. Mimi Donaldson, internationally renowned speaker and speech coach, served as the Mistress of Ceremonies.
- Woman Business Owner of the Year – Nellie Akalp, CEO of CorpNet.com, Westlake Village
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, State District 19
- Innovator of the Year – Andrea Gallagher, Senior Advisor and President of Senior Concerns, Thousand Oaks
- Visionary of the Year – Maryann Ridini Spencer, President of Ridini Entertainment Corporation, Thousand Oaks
Rising Star of the Year – Adriana Perez, Owner of Skincare by Adriana. Adriana Perez, is the Founder and CEO of Skincare by Adriana located in Ventura. She is an advanced, certified NovaLash eyelash extensionist and a California Licensed Esthetician. In just two short years, Adriana has grown her business from a rented booth in a beauty salon, to owning her own professional esthetics studio. Adriana is a Women’s Economic Venture (WEV) graduate. After completing the WEV Self-Employment Training program, she used her business plan to better organize her goals and the logistics of her business. She has given life to her vision of helping women look and feel confident and beautiful.
- Community Advocate of the Year – Lisa Rule, Publisher, Acorn Newspaper, Agoura Hills
- Education Advocate of the Year – Dianne McKay, Vice President of Mustang Marketing, Thousand Oaks
- Young Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Allie Anderson, Owner of Allie Anderson Designs and Co-Owner of Presh Events, Ventura County
- NAWBO Ventura County Member of the Year – Maura Raffensperger, Owner, YourChiefSimplicityOfficer.com, Oxnard
- Corporate Leader of the Year – Pacific Coast Business Times, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties