2015 Color Run – Street Closures, No Parking, and Traffic Impacts
Run Begins and Ends at the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Traffic to be Impacted Within the Surrounding Area. Details Listed Below.
Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
Road closures: Saturday, October 17, 2015 beginning at 6:00 a.m. All roads opened by approximately 1:30 p.m. Details below.
On Saturday, October 17, 2015, beginning at 8:00 a.m., the 2015 Color Run will take place in Ventura. The run begins and ends at the Ventura County Fairgrounds.
We want to inform the community of street closures, no parking within designated areas, and potentially congested roadways in and around the area of the Ventura County Fairgrounds, Harbor Blvd, San Jon Rd., Hemlock St., Thompson Blvd., and portions of the downtown corridor.
Street closures will take place on Saturday the 17th beginning at 6:00 a.m. As runners circulate through the route roads will be reopened along the way with all roads anticipated to be reopened by 1:30 p.m.
Street Closures and No Parking Areas:
• Hemlock St. between Thompson Blvd. and Main St.
• Harbor Blvd. from the Fairgrounds to San Jon Rd.
• Main St., between Hemlock St. and Garden St.
• Thompson Blvd. between San Jon Rd. and Hemlock
Color Run Path:
• Runners will begin from northbound Figueroa St. (from Shoreline Dr)
• Proceed eastbound onto Harbor Blvd.
• Left turn (northbound) onto San Jon
• Westbound onto Thompson Blvd.
• Right turn (northbound) on Hemlock
• Left (westbound) on Main Street
• Left (southbound) to Garden and enter the Garden Street Fairgrounds gate
The Color Run is a unique race that that involves biodegradable colored cornstarch powder to be thrown at the participants along the route. The Color Run celebrates healthiness, happiness and individuality. To learn more about the event please visit the following link: http://thecolorrun.com/ventura/