An educational workshop titled “Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income” has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 22 at the Ventura Adult Education Center located at 5200 Valentine Rd., at 6:00 p.m.
Social Security is far more complicated than most people realize. The decisions baby boomers make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking include:
- Will social security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize my benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover:
- 5 factors to consider when deciding to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits- and when it does not
Why you should always check your earnings for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited and reservations are required. Individuals may reserve space by calling 644-3495.
Unable to attend the seminar in person? No problem. You can view a short video from the comfort of your own home regarding the above at www.RISpresents.com.